Janeism

Saturday, November 03, 2007

baby and mother

I had to blog again.... but to be separated from the previous nutty blog, coz this is a SERIOUS blog.... Yes... serious opinions and views from my serious alter ego....

My dear friend is going to give birth soon in December, and she was telling me the other day that her mother in law wanted her to send the baby to china. (Background info: she married a chinese man from mainland china). How ridiculous.

The initial plan was for the MIL to come to Sgp and take care of the baby. However, now they were thinking that the FIL may be lonely staying alone in china, hence was planning on bringing the baby back to china. Of course, without my friend. Meaning.. the mother and child will be separated til he is about time to start education... so we are talking about 5- 6 years... And they were doing all the planning in secret, without telling my friend. Lucky the hubby told her about it. She was freaked out when she heard it. And was very troubled by it, feeling lost and dont know what to do.
She asked me: what would you do if you were in my shoes?

I was really thinking.... ask ur MIL to f off!
I told her.. no way! U MUST NOT give in... why would any sgp baby wanna be "downgraded" to stay there? only china babies would move to sgp for a better life. not the other way around! And whats worse, the baby and mother wil b separated. How can that be? A mother love is MOST important in a baby's life.

I don't know but she seems to be considering about it. What is there to think about??? The straight answer is NO!

I think as you go into different stage in life, you will tend to think differently. I am now a swinging single and would not think about anything except my own right. But maybe, there are other factors which she has to consider...

oh, my poor friend...

Hope the china family would not be so selfish to rob the baby and my friend.

I wanna hang out with the baby and make myself her favourite aunty 1 leh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter