Janeism

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

my 1st perm job

Let me tell you more about my 1st perm job.... and you will know what an experience I had there....
I was employed as a Marketing Exec at a private school. Though it was a perm job (Wah!!! Perm job!!!! ..... yawnz), it pay me peanuts. No, not the kind of peanuts Durai get... but the kind of peanuts monkeys eat...
It was at orchard, and I was kinda attracted by the location of the workplace.

There are 2 shifts to the jobs...
1. 830-6
2. 1230-8
But let me tell u...nobody go home on time.... especially the poor morning shift, sometimes have to leave with the 2nd shift people lor! its madness down there....
You cant be late for work... People will stare at you like you are a murderous criminal. I remembered that time during my notice period, I purposely came late and try to let every1 know that "I Am Late!"

Anyway, we got a crazy boss.... who used to be an ex-major... and guess what???? We are expected to greet him as "Major" , ya.. just like we are in the army.... duhz!
We all have to be super polite to him, and when he cracked lame jokes... we are all supposed to laugh hard. Duhz!
Anyway, it is a "dirty" place coz there is rumours going on saying our director is Major's girlfriend. I think that ah siao major is a divorcee. And rumours like.. the director got so high due to relationship.... dirty dirty!
And so, cant offend director also... else she may complain to major!

Its a crappy workplace... with high target to meet, and we have to wear uniform.. and serve the customers at counter. And everything must be neat. Hence, the messy me.. how to adapt lah

And I cant find any gum friends there... every1 seems so fake, and those who are nice to me are supposedly to be faking nice also. My best friend there gotta be the cleaning aunty. She always gossip to me about the baddies. She told me... beware of your supervisor.. she always like smile smile very nice... but she is very close to the bosses... so she may stab your back!

So after 1 month, I made the decision to quit! Yes, the stone fell from my heart when I tendered.... I am going to leave the hellhole soon!!!
And after I tendered, they ask me to do shit jobs... they are really mean people!
Hence I was very buay song... and 1 fine day, I just MIA!! I did not call office, and when office call me, I never pick up calls.... wahahhaa
daring ar me
hence.. the next day of course I got it bad.
When I reached office, my buddy said... your boss wanna see u in her office
OK... so I went to find my boss
when I went into her office, she said... director want to see you
so... went director's office lor...
of coz.. she questioned me why I was sooo irresponsible...... I lied that I had to bring my mama to doctor coz her leg pain. Though its not true that I bring her to doctor, her leg is really pain. I aint lying. Then she said..." I hope you are not lying. It is not good to make such a lie with regards to your mother. what you said may come true"
Wah piangz.. i regret not slapping her hard in her f-up face!
I was really angry... even if she suspect me, she shouldnt make such a nasty remark!
Hence, from that day, I will show black face to my boss! really black!!! no smile! Just a black stiff face.... and I wasnt very nice to her... showing her attitude....
I was really angry and depressed that time, til the 1 month notice period seems unbearable..
But, I have no money to repay the 1 month pay, hence i borrowed from my good friend. I am and forever grateful to her for helping me in the dark. A friend in need is a friend in deed...

I took the cheque from her, and kept it in my bag. Its a whopping $1,000. My heart ache to give to the damn company the $, so i told myself.... Jane, bear with it for just 1 more day. Tomorrow then we see how
so I never give the $
The next day, miraculously, my boss ask me into the office and said... " if you are agreeable, we will release you early. Of course, you must agree too"
My heart was going "yesh yesh! of course!!!"
But of course I acted calmly and agreed... I went out and immediately told those I am closer with... I finally can leave!!
I think I left on that particular day....
Aint I glad that I did not submit the $, else they will have the last laugh!

Yes... this stupid company... left a bad scar to my career heart...... Maybe I will be more ambitious and more positive if not for this idiotic company....
I hate IXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter