Janeism

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Auntyism

I think age is catching up on me... I am starting to develop some aunty characteristics!!

I remembered reading from talkingcock. com or somewhere that aunties are cool! They have a mind of their own! Always insist on their way! Devil may care attitude!

Yes... slowly, i am havin it all creeping up on me!

The scariest part is today. Bought some clothes from metro and they gave me this utterly auspicious but extremely auntyish carrier bag.... those sort of big, recyclable bag. Mind you... there was a happy new year word on it.. with those oriental decoration.. and of coz, it was RED!!

I was thinking... oh my gosh! how am i going to venture in orchard with this kinda obiang bag!!!! gosh!!! what a disgrace!
But.. this auntyism suddenly conquer my soul. I took the bag and fling it onto my shoulder. It fits well! Hence I continued carrying it.... subsequently, any form of embarrassment about being seen with such an auspicious looking bag vanished. I became the girl who is pleased to be given such a useful bag!

Worse thing is.. after work, met a friend for movie at vivo,.. i was there earlier... hence went to walk around 1st (yes, with the lucky red bag over my shoulder of coz!). and whatever thing i bought, i just dumped into the red bag! It feels sooo good! It's such a handy bag! Big enough to hold everything, without the fear of the bag giving ways. It's strong, just like aunty! I began to appreciate auntyism.... carrying such a bag is such a joy.... despite the dirty looks from the young and hip crowd. Who cares! As long as it serves the purpose, i dont give a damn abt how others see me!

Wow! Devil may care attitude is here!!

Next, how about perming my hair in maggi mee style? I may look really beautiful in them!

Auntys rulez!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter