Janeism

Sunday, January 07, 2007

my old pal

Just now, I received an sms from my friend... a friend whom i have lost contact for long..... he ask me " how r u jane?"

Let me think... i think i know him since i was 18.. or 19? was i stil in jc when i know him? Maybe.. i cant really recall... but i remembered that we studied together for our exams...

he was a net friend, and when i met him, i was relief.. coz many net friends turned out to be disappointing. Though hes not a hunk, but hes not bad.. quite a cute and tall guy who is quite gentlemen. hes quite a silly kind of guy... at that time lah.. i think he had changed already.

What I admire about him is that he took up lotsa courses to upgrade himself. hes 1 year older than me only and he know that it is important to equipped oneself with more knowledge...

i remembered meeting him to study at PS macdonalds and maybe some other places i dunt remember now.

There was once also... his birthday and he invited me to his "party" at a ktv in katong. There was just a few people there actually. and he claimed its only for close friends. I told him i will be going but on that day, i dont feel like goin.. hence i asked if i can dun go. but he was insistent that i go, hence i really go. but i cant remember what present got for him. haha I think his friends were teasing me that I am some1 special to him hnce he invited me.

At that time, im not a ktv junkie and was really shy about singing in front of strangers. and also i was this english songs lady, hence i cant sing the songs.
I remembered i chose the song "truly madly deeply" (the savage garden song) to sing. but no.. i wasnt intenting to tell him im truly madly deeply lah.. just chose it coz its a nice song.
then his friends asked him to sing with me... so we sang...
then halfway thru the song... he suddenly blurted "i love you". but into the air.. it was soft, but loud enough to be heard by every1.
I was shocked and i believed i must have blushed badly, lucky the lighting is bad in the room!

but nay.. nothing happened for us... I guess romance was not on our cards... you yuan wu fen lah...
years later, he became a financial consultant. And he asked if he can practised on me. I dont know if hes true anot but i gave him the benefits of doubt and helped him. So he was like consulting me in front of his mentor. practise session. eventually i bought a policy from him. not that i am convinced by him.. but as a gesture to help him close 1 deal.
Then he left his company and joined another company but same job. Ever since then, we have stopped contacting each other.... And i have kinda forgotten about this friend of mine.

This new year, i received new year greeting sms from a number, which looks familiar... hence i replied asking who he is..
Leslie he replied....

And now i remember those sweet young days we had shared together. You see.,. as we grow up, we then to forget some friends along the way. This is kinda sad... I wished I can still keep in touch with all my firends.. from primary schools to the working people.. but its really quite hard.. and though my intention might be pure simplicity , who knows what others think..

But i am grateful to anyone who have left a footprint in my life ,... appreciate your presence!

Leslie, how r u??? Hope you are happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter