Janeism

Friday, June 09, 2006

To give is a blessing...

Come to think of it...
I have always been a giver, rather than a taker....

If I like you, I will treat u very nice... and will give unconditionally....

Eg I dont mind giving out more than I receive IF I like you, coz I enjoy the feeling of giving. People say that Giving is more joyous than receiving...

It is true to some extent..

I got some temp staff who are working under me, and recently, most of them leave us coz they gotta start school soon... They have been a very good batch, especially 1 particular girl. I am really impressed by her work ethic.. despite she is juz a temp. Almost everyday, she will stay til 9 in office. Dont worry, she is not those chao kengster who wanna earn OT. She really work...
Today is her last day, I dont know if we can manage without her... but nevertheless, I really like her alot! Wishing her all the best in her studies!

Ok... back to the topic of giving and receiving.
Frankly speaking, I think I am very nice. Last week, 2 of my temp left. I actually went to buy some small gifts for them. Something unexpected from a SE.. But I really wanna show my appreciation to them.
If I am a temp who have been working quite hard, and when I left, my supervisor show her appreciation, I will be happy. I am applying the theory that "imagine u r in her school, how would you like to be treated?"
Today, 5 of them left... Likewise, i bought 5 bars of choco for them to thank them for all their hard work.... I would really like to buy a bigger gift for my fave ger... but I think it will be unfair, hence i got all of them the same choco....
Then when i pass to my fave ger, she told me she got something for me too!
I am sooo surprised... I never expect to get any gifts from them! Quite touched.. and sad to see them leaving.... All the best my beloved temps!!!

Every1, don be afraid to give. You may give more than u receive, but I tell u, the feeling is shiok as well...

Its Worldcup time! Ole Ole Ole!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter