Janeism

Monday, January 15, 2007

26 years of life


As I progress to my 27th year on planet earth, i have decided to write a little story about myself... a life summary... of what happened for the past 26 years... and with hopes that the future years will only get better and better!

on 18th Jan 1980 at about 9pm, a baby girl was born to a couple. it was their 2nd kid, elder being a brother who is older than the girl by 3 years. The baby girl was named Jane by her mama coz her mama had a colleague by the name of Jane who happened to be pretty. Hence then name... with the hope that this very jane will turn out to be even better than the senior jane.
jane is a funny baby. She doesnt cry when nurses gave her jab. Her mama was very amused by this child. Why does she not cry when there is pain? Is she... retarded??? haha and this jane is such a baddy... everytime the papa visit her in hospital... she will be sleeping soundly...

Seriously, i have no memories of what happened between the age of 1-4. Those stories are told by my mama.
I was a playmate for my bro.... and my stupid bro forbid my mama to buy any skirts for me. In short, he wants me to be his brother! He will cry and make a big fuss if my mama buy any dresses or skirts for me. Well.. thats how childish he is...

I was never a childish kid, right from the beginning. I am a kid who cant wait to go to school. When my bro 1st attended school, he was crying his lung out. he was afraid to be left alone in school... and he didnt like to study at all...
whereas, i was envious of my bro.... to be able to go school....

hence u can imagine my happiness when its time for K1! Yes... the mark of ..... adulthood... i finally can read books! I was very excited about school... and happily went to school, and read all i can.

I remembered i was such a bookworm since young. My very 1st storybook (or at least the 1st 1 i remembered) was Cinderella. And once, i had a fight with my bro, and he revenged by tearing my fave cinderella book. I cried when i learnt about that... somehow... some1 (cant remember who) scotchtaped the pages back. Thats how nasty n immature my bro is! I was always the kind one who got bullied, but i still love my bro alot...

due to my bro's silliness, he always got caned and punished. I still remember... my mama sometimes made him kneel down and pull his ears as punishment. I will sympathise with him, and "kua chwee" for him. When my mama is away, i will quickly inform my bro to stand up, and when shes back, i will alert him. See... im such a kind little girl... who grew up to be a kind lady too! :P

When I was young, I was an ambitious lil girl. I wanna top the class! but somehow... i did not managed to.... If i remember correctly, prizes are given to the top 5 students. I was the no. 6.. hence there goes my prize. I was only in K1... and I got so upset that I cried and refused to eat.... (sigh.. if only i am half as ambitious now... ).
Hence... K2... i worked hard... and yes... finally gotten the prize (of a file and some story books.. haha.. wat nice prizes)

Then we shifted to my current house when I started primary one.
I was still as motivated and was always among the top 5 students of the class... i guess i am cursed against no.1 ... i never managed to top no matter how hard i tried...
primary 2 was my glorious year... ahem.... i got 3rd in english out of the whole primary 2 cohort, and my standard was 4th or 5th (dont remember) of the whole cohort leh!!! I won hundreds of kiddos...... i was really happy.....

primary 3... start to slack abit...... but stil managed to get into the 1st class in primary 4-6.

In primary 4, i got to know 1 of my best friend, XQ. She was a naughty girl, and somehow misled me to not so siao on studying. But no discredits to her... coz til now.. shes stil 1 of my best friends! Imagine.. since primary 4... 17 years of friendship.. what can beat that? I am so glad that we are still very much in contact. In fact, yesterday she juz sms to ask me out to celeb my birthday... thats how sweet my friends can be....

Somehow lost my passion of studying... but stil was hoping to go to a good school with xq...
But.... I got into the school of my 6th (last!) choice... and was very pissed... coz to me.. its a bloody lousy school and a person of my calibre shouldnt even appear there.....

tried to get a school transfer.. but didnt managed to... hence...accepted fate and started school at this bengish school. Start to know those beng n lians... hahaa not really lah....

i remembered last time got this group of girls... who are interested to know me... ( and later on.. they became chao ah lian and got into fights... lucky i never accepted their frienship!) and this silly classmate of mine.... who was interested in me...

At tat point of time, i was still a shy girl who is very resistant towards L-O-V-E. Hence i showed him black face when he tried to get near me. Once, i think he was being challenged by his friends to say "i love u" to me... and he really did tat! Oh my god! I was sooo embarrassed!

Sec 1 was quite fun! coz all are siao kias like tis... the whole class pretty much hang out together...
I remembered i was having a crush on a senior... hes juz an ah beng, and hes not handsome! but somehow.. im attracted to him.. hahaha... yea... maybe i got.... weird taste...
i wondered how is he now!
Then my school shifted to the present location. then we went sec 2...
i was buddy buddy with 2 girls... and both of them were seeking so much of my attention to the extent that 1 wil get jealous of the other if i am too close to either 1 of them. Yes.. childish but true... thats how desirable i am.
1 day... Girl A gave me a bus ticket... and Girl B threw the bus ticket away. Ever since that day, they did not talk to each other... and i was being forced to make a decision. I can only choose to be with 1 of them..... Eventually... i chose yunyi, my current good friend. I guess its not such a bad decision afterall.. coz look at our friendship... 14 years and still counting! Though now we dun meet up often, i know im in her heart, and likewise, she is in my heart.

Then we went on to established our clique... and my clique consist of 4 girls... who like to go crazy over boybands.. like.. Take That, Boyzone.
I was a crazy fan that time. Every1 like Take That, but i am THE ONE who managed to go to their concert. My papa doted me alot and willing to spend $ on such thing for me...
I was the envy of the girls in my class... hehee

Then... take that fever went away, and Boyzone fever came along. I was totally in love with Ronan Keating... to the extent i call myself.. Mrs Keating! hahaha... i managed to catch them the few times they came singapore... in fact, i managed to take a pic with ronan.....
and guess what? my 1st kiss was in fact.. given to Ronan! i mean... who has the honours to give their 1st kiss to a big star??? Who else but... me!

Anyway, i love some teachers... and my fave being mr tan.. my form teacher for sec 3/4 (dont remember also! hehe)
we nicknamed him gagameow (as in smurf) but i dont really remember why. He is a kind guy who can be serious and fun at the same time. He was always catching yunyi and me talking... and he called us "the twin"...

He is still teaching and sometimes i will still see him around... and will ask him still remember me anot?
he will say.. yes... wheres ur other twin?
Hahaha... i wonder if he find it amusing... last time... i was stil dorned in the blue n white sch uniform, with a pair of spec and always talking to yunyi.. and now.. im such a grown up woman... i wonder if he felt some achievement... but he still look the same.. still as cute!

Oh ya.. still remembered once.... and the very 1st time i failed a test . Maths test. i was devastated... coz its my 1st time failing and i was even the class lowest scoring fella. I couldnt take it, and cried in front of my friends... And it ignited the ambitious streak in me again. And guess what.. the next test, i was the top scorer... hahaha such extremes.....

Then O level comes... and go....

Went to my JC... and thats when life begins..... i was introduced to a happening lifestyle... coz my jc is quite havoc.... I was being thrown into a class of "rejects". hahaha.. as in... my class is very rojak... and was considered the "problematic" class... but of coz.. im 1 of the goody students in the class... but however goody i am, eventually i gave way to vice...
i dont do my homework
i copy the tutorials
i skip classes
bad results... always wavering between pass and fail... but.. i dont care... coz its like... as long as i pass.. can liao... yea.. that was the mentality.
Anyway, i was busy checking out guys that time. Once again (yawns), i got a crush on a senior.. KT. Well.. i must say.. throughout my life, he is the best lookin dude on my crush list! hahaha hes handsome, cute and rich...
(to be continued)
I am tired liao lah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter